Sunday, February 6, 2011

Alinea ***
















On Sunday December 5th 2010, Ric, a fellow intern from Charlie Trotter's and I went embarked on what is called the best restaurant in the United States- Alinea.
I had called a month and a half in advance, I knew I had wanted to go there as soon I as I got to Chicago. I told them I worked at Trotters and got the hookup. We got a few extra courses and some Champagne and some wine on the house.
Pictured are the Edible drinks which are:
Passion Fruit-Flor de cana 4year, matusalem clasico, sailor jerry
Lemon-Luxardo bitter, luxardo amaro, grapefruit
Apple-Laird's apple brandy, grenadine, thyme
Squash-Cynar, carpano antica, flor de cana 7 year
Kumquat- rittenhouse rye, peychaud's, demerara
Next was Chao Tom- Sugar Cane, Shrimp, Mint
Next was Bass-Black Pepper, Vanilla, Lemon
The next picture is- Canard a la cussy from Escoffier
The first picture is of the famous Chocolate Dessert- it's plated on the table with red wine soaked blueberrys, honey and peanut.
It was an amazing meal!!! There were a few misses, but overall it was totally worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment